Thursday, February 24, 2011

Book !

'So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.'

Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
This book is one of my personal favourites, I've read it about 3 times so far and it never gets old for me. It always somehow has a different ending each time I read. And its great for adolensence, since, that's what its about. 

The story starts with a mysterious stranger writing an anonymous letter to a friend, well, the whole story is basically him writing letters to his friend. The stranger introduces himself as 'Charlie', and starts to tell the friend about his best friend that has committed suicide. Then, Charlie meets friends, Sam, Patrick, Mary Elizabeth, and Bob and together they begin a journey into drugs, homosexuality, abuse, reading, bullying and sex. In case you are sensitive to strong language, or if you are homophobic, or faint easily, I encourage you to maybe skip on to the next book. 
I would recommend this book to anyone. It's a book for everybody.


"Bob started passing around food. "Would you like a brownie?" "Yes. Thank you." -- I ate the brownie, and it tasted a little weird, but it was still a brownie, so I still liked it. But this was not an ordinary brownie. I think you know what kind of brownie it was."


    "I feel infinite."

No comments:

Post a Comment